½ C lukewarm water
1 tsp. honey
2 T yeast
1 ½ C boiling water
2 T oil
2-4 T honey - depending on taste
1-2 tsp. salt
4 C whole wheat flour
- Dissolve the honey in the water
- Add, but no not stir the yeast. Set aside.
- Meanwhile combine and mix remaining ingredients in order.
- Add the yeast mixture and stir in enough extra whole wheat flour (about 1 or 2 cups) to make a firm dough. Stop when it becomes too stiff to stir with a spoon.
- You can use the dough right away or you can cover the bowl with a plate and put it in the fridge. It will keep fresh up to four to five days.
- Butter a loaf pan well. Put the dough in the pan and press it down.
- Cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place until the dough is even with the rim, usually 30 to 50 minutes.
- Bake at 350° about 45 minutes.
Submitted by Mary P.