1 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
½ cup margarine
1 cup sugar
¾ cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup walnuts
½ powdered sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp light cream
- Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set oven to 350°
- Combine flour with soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.*
- Cream margarine in large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar and cream at high speed of mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs; beat well.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add dry ingredients, alternating with pumpkin. Begin and end with dry ingredients; blend well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake for65-75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool, then glaze with spice glaze.
Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend in 1-2 tablespoons light cream until the consistency desired (should be thin).
*NOTE*: If pumpkin pie spice is not available, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon each of ginger and cloves.
Submitted by Sherry