3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs (sometimes I do 2 eggs and 2 egg whites)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (can use regular white flour, not self-rising)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (or a bit more) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if you use a glass pan).
- Melt butter.
- In mixing bowl combine cocoa and sugar; beat in butter; beat in eggs and vanilla until very smooth.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; blend into above mixture; stir in chocolate chips.
- Turn batter into buttered pan (I use a 15 x 10 inch pan).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; cool before cutting.
Submitted by Helen.